Rotisserie chicken question

Mark Foreman

TVWBB Wizard
Now that I have my 2015 performer back, I dug the Weber roti out of the garage.
1723400182924.jpeg

Doing a single bird.
Here’s my question - the roti instructions call for 2 fires and many online sources, including Weber, say 1 fire. Anyone answer as to which is best?

Looks to be fun. I don’t remember using this for a long time.

Thanks!

Since its spinning I don't think it matters but two would be hotter faster compared to one.
I've only done one and that's towards the rear of my kamado and that cooked pretty fast.

Now that I have my 2015 performer back, I dug the Weber roti out of the garage.
View attachment 97874

Doing a single bird.
Here’s my question - the roti instructions call for 2 fires and many online sources, including Weber, say 1 fire. Anyone answer as to which is best?

Looks to be fun. I don’t remember using this for a long time.

Thanks!
Weber sponsored videos on charcoal rotisserie I was able to find always show split baskets. I always split. For typical 4 to 5 lb chicken it normally takes 80 minutes for me. I do a dry salt brine over night and apply any rub about 4 hours prior to cook. Been fortunate to always have good result.

So I did split baskets with JD briquettes (trying for 1st time). Cooking temp 350. Did a single chicken with herb butter under the skin. Result was wonderful. Also put potatoes in the drip pan. Liked those the best.

I want to thank all who replied. Where else can you ask a question and get an answer so quickly.

Back