Rotisseri Question

DBoerner

TVWBB Member
I have a 22.5 kettle and a 18.5 WSM. I would like to purchase a rotisserie and can't decide which size to get. I like the idea of using the WSM but the kettle would have a little more space. I ordered a stainless one from onlyfire for the WSM but the lid didn't fit securely on it so I returned it. If I do go with the kettle I would order the onlyfire because I thought it was well made an the price was right. If I go with the WSM I will order it from Cajun bandit. Any input would be appreciated ie: Pro's and Con's of either the WSM vs Kettle.

Thanks

I love the WSM, but I think that a rotiss is more versatile on a 22 kettle because of the extra space.

Yea, get one for the kettle. Plus with the kettle, the ring can be used as a grate holder for higher level cooking or smokjng. All you need is to install 4 bolts to hold the grate.

Rotisserie

The rotisserie is meant to be used on the Kettle. It would have little to no effect on your WSM. The WSM has a natural convection flow. You don't need to Rotisserie - but hey - it's your stuff.

I have a 22.5 kettle and a 18.5 WSM. I would like to purchase a rotisserie and can't decide which size to get. I like the idea of using the WSM but the kettle would have a little more space. I ordered a stainless one from onlyfire for the WSM but the lid didn't fit securely on it so I returned it. If I do go with the kettle I would order the onlyfire because I thought it was well made an the price was right. If I go with the WSM I will order it from Cajun bandit. Any input would be appreciated ie: Pro's and Con's of either the WSM vs Kettle.

Thanks

Back