ROTD (Ribs of the Day) w/pics

Jim S

TVWBB Fan
So here it is Columbus day weekend, and the GF & I get invited to a party in the woods. My better half was going to be tied up most of the day with a baby shower. Sounds like fun for her. But it means that we won't be able to head out till 5-6 PM-ish.....and I'm really not in the mood to schlep the cooker out there and have food come off the cooker at midnight.... What to bring tonight? Ribs of course. So I fired up the WSM and away she went. They'll be done in mebbe an hour or so, give or take. They got my kitchen sink low salt rub, and smoked with a 85/15 % mix of applewood & hickory. The trimmings are already off after 3 hrs, I'll save those puppies for a lunchtime submarine sandwich at work this week.
I did two racks plus the trimmings.

Just going onto the cooker...
IMG_1915enhsmaller.jpg

15 minutes later....
IMG_1917enhsmaller.jpg

3 Hrs later, time for a flip. I grabbed the corner and kinda pulled it away. I see smoke ring..... Hell yea!
IMG_1918enhsmaller.jpg

Some of the trimmings being used as a taste test... MMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmm! If the ribs themselves are half as tasty, my hosts will have me enshrined with a PHb.
IMG_1920ENHsmaller.jpg

[EDIT] Timing couldn't have been better. The GF called and said she is on the way home... and the ribs just came off the smoker.

IMG_1927ENHSMALLER.jpg

And a closeup view from in the house. Time to foil 'em up for the drive. At least I know there will be something good to eat at the party. That'll give me more time to play some music and hang out.
IMG_1928ENHSMALLER.jpg

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Brian Bo.:
Hell yeah. Lookin' good there.

I'm STARVING. Butt's still goin'. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Brian: REAL Huskies come from Washington!
icon_biggrin.gif

uw_huskies_logo.jpg

Back