Ronco Showtime Rotisserie and TempSpike

Greg Part

TVWBB Fan
I bought my Mom a Showtime Rotisserie back in 2006 and it’s been a-killer-little-handy-dandy-indoor-grill over the years. with one exception, this year: I’m not cluelessly “grilling”, anymore.

Since I didn’t put the Ron Popeil grill away after cooking a pork tenderloin for our Christmas dinner, I decided to have at it this evening and do up a couple of filet mignons.

I seasoned them 48 hours in advance with Famous Dave’s Steak and Burger seasoning and let the sit on a trivet in the fridge, uncovered and they were nice and dry when I pulled them out of the fridge an hour before cooking.

I loaded the filets into the cooking basket, inserted the TempSpike into the filet for medium doneness, set the TempSpike for “Beef” and medium doneness (TS suggested 150° F) and turned on the grill. I’m confident most here have heard their sales slogan “set it and forget it”? Well, I did it a little different, this time around. I didn’t grill via rotation, I grilled via searing, 9 minutes total per side (rotating in 3-3 minute increments per side) for a final temp of 150° F. I pulled it just in time. Did same for the medium rare. Came out awesome (I kid you not!) And who says you can’t grill during the winter? (yeah, yeah, I know, I’m still working on my photo presentation skills). ;)

IMG_2299.jpegIMG_2307.jpegIMG_2313.jpegIMG_2314.jpegIMG_2312.jpegIMG_1458.jpeg

Looks like that came out really good. Funny, I have that exact same grill - even the same color. I think I bought it around the same time (or maybe a year or two earlier). I did whole chickens in it but only during the winter time. That way the waste heat went into the house. A little hot to use indoors during summer.

My mom and dad bought one when they first came out...It did what it said it would... They work fantastic...Then they bought my two sisters and me one each for Christmas... Loved that little grill

Back