Rolling Ribs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamieson S

TVWBB Fan
So when I went to roll my 6 racks of baby backs to fit them all on the WSM I had an difficult time getting some of them to come together. I think it is because there seems to be an awful lot of meat on the meat side, so they weren't too flexible. For two of the racks I had to roll them with rib side facing out, so it looks like a standing rib roast. Anyone ever experience this? I am not too worried as I figure they'll turn out just fine, just never had this happen before. Heck even a bad rack of smoked ribs is better than what most folks are eating today /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Jamieson,

The racks should not be rolled tightly as you don't want the meat to touch, rolling loosely is the way to go. I have done nine racks on the WSM at one time this way...could have done ten, but they came three to a pack.
Hope this helps.

Did you take the membrane off? That could limit the amount of "roll" you get.

I've also had some stubborn ones. For those I cut a small score line in the meat between a couple of evenly spaced ribs. That helps, too.

Yep, I removed the membrane, so I'll just stick to the fact that they were stubborn. They are looking pretty good though, guess ya just have to earn it sometimes, keeps ya honest /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif
Jamie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back