Roasted corn salad

CaseT

TVWBB Platinum Member
Just a nice light side dish. Super tasty and goes good with all kinds of grilled dishes.

3 tablespoons best quality extra-virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon juice from 1 lemon
4 ears sweet corn, husks removed
2 pounds ripe tomatoes , cut into bite-size chunks
1/4 cup roughly chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
1/4 cup roughly chopped fresh basil leaves
1/4 cup roughly chopped fresh mint leaves
8 ounces feta cheese, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper

Turn up the sound!

6D99A4DE-2833-4452-9E3E-1702B37A1FEC.jpeg

9E0E6CB7-68E3-4DC7-ACE3-032E8C9F4BA4.jpeg

Last edited:
Where are the instructions and the note about the tomatoes? ;)

I'm thinking the corn and the tomatoes are grilled and then tossed with the other ingredients. I'd lean toward slicing, salting and grilling the tomatoes before cutting them into smaller pieces for the salad.

Where are the instructions and the note about the tomatoes? ;)

I'm thinking the corn and the tomatoes are grilled and then tossed with the other ingredients. I'd lean toward slicing, salting and grilling the tomatoes before cutting them into smaller pieces for the salad.

Couldn’t tell ya wat the note said. Tomatoes are just cut up, not grilled. I suppose you could. I’m not a big fan of cold cooked tomatoes. As for the rest of the directions everything is just tossed together. I like to let it sit for at least 4 hours before serving.

Last edited:
Looks delicious. And a sincere thank you for not adding cilantro. ;)
Cilantro isn’t horrible. But it doesn’t belong in all dishes, and this one has plenty of other fresh herbs and wasn’t going down the road for that.
It’s a refreshing salad and a keeper!

Looks tasty and healthy!

I usually wrapped my corn in aluminum foil on the grill. Did you get a lot of smokey flavor from grilling them naked?

Looks tasty and healthy!

I usually wrapped my corn in aluminum foil on the grill. Did you get a lot of smokey flavor from grilling them naked?

Yes you get more of the smokey flavor and a bit of the char flavor. For this cook it was direct over coals (wanted char) rotating every 5 minutes cooked for about 20 minutes. When you here it popping its time to turn it.

I quite wrapping in foil years ago. To get even more smokey flavor, pull the husk down (not off) and remove the silk. Pull the husk back up over the cob. soak in salted water for 1-2 hours. Place the corn on the grill. Rotate every ten-15 minutes. Cook until done. I try and shoot for 45min-1 hour. you may want to do more of an indirect cook. The husk will smoke, but it also locks in moisture and steams the corn.

Back