RO Stockup?

Found out something interesting this weekend. Was trying to find some RO for a competition down in Fort Pierce and every Wal-Mart within 40 miles was out of stock. I even called my buddy at a nearby store to see if they had any 'stashed' away and he said no. He then told me that they don't order any RO during the winter months and just let their existing stock run out until spring.

Luckily I did find a Wal-Mart down in Vero Beach that had stock, so on my way to the comp Friday morning I stopped by and just bought them out.

May want to consider stocking up a little bit if you use RO.

Russ

That's good to know. My Wally-World always has been hit or miss with RO. I bought the store's last bag in July, and didn't see any more until September. I bought a half dozen bags then, thinking that six would last me awhile. Haven't seen any since.
Next time I find RO there, guess I getter start parking on the street and fill up my half of the garage with RO.

I believe the Walmart brand is the same as RO with exception of the size of the briquette.

I've got a local fresh market that keeps RO lump year round and I'm in Illinois. I'm having trouble finding briquettes - down to my last bag. I like the Trader Joe's brand - almost positive it's made by Rancher. My usual TJ's carried it all last winter - they don't have it this year and I've checked a few others. Know I can find RO and/or Kingsford but I really like the TJ's.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Larry Corall:
I like the Trader Joe's brand - almost positive it's made by Rancher. My usual TJ's carried it all last winter - they don't have it this year and I've checked a few others. Know I can find RO and/or Kingsford but I really like the TJ's. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Larry -

I emailed the Rancher company about a year ago, and they confirmed that TJ's is indeed made by Rancher. They don't carry it year round though.

ro makes both lump and briquettes. so be a bit more clear on what yer talking about. yes, wm usually only carries ro red bag lump. i normally stock up when i find it cheap and it carries me through the winter/year.

Menards (for those of you in the Midwest) carry Royal Oak briqs and lump year round. At least the one in my town always has.

Menards by me has both RO lump and briquettes year round as well our walmart doesn't stock either. sometimes red bag briquets in summer

Back