Ring door bell camera

No chime, but it's the one I bought. Sadly though now, many delivery people (Amazon especially) have a device that foils the cameras). Truly pi$$es me off. As I've missed deliveries due to that
That must be why I didn’t see the guy walk up but the package mysteriously just appeared in the video!

No chime, but it's the one I bought. Sadly though now, many delivery people (Amazon especially) have a device that foils the cameras). Truly pi$$es me off. As I've missed deliveries due to that
I never heard of such a device. My Arlo records them, but I turn off audible notifications because it was too many notifications. Alexa always tells me when the Amazon delivery is complete. It is nice to be able to see how gently they place your packages.

There are some notes on how to adjust settings.

Exactly. Even though the transmitters are illegal, they are in circulation. A POE camera isn’t susceptible as it’d be wired to the router. And if you have local storage, NVR, then you’re not exposed to your video being only cloud based.

For most people’s homes, a WiFi solution is fine. If you have valuables that you want/need to protect, you might want to step up to a professional level solution from a mass market consumer solution.

Again, it boils down to what are your protecting and what do you need protected.

Like all rabbit holes, your solution is only limited by your pocketbook.

We've been mostly happy with a Eufy hardwired doorbell. Your indoor chime will be disabled, so a wireless, plug-in chime is included. Went ahead and upgraded the doorbell transformer, so can't say if could truly get by with an older underpowered one. Mounting hardware includes a plate to angle it 15° horizontally. No subscription, local storage, so if doorbell gets stolen, you're out of luck. Picture and night vision quality are good, as is sound. Can view recordings and live feed, and respond to visitors from anywhere thru the app. Adjusting sensitivity took a bit of fiddling, but settled on having it look for faces. Sometimes that's sunlight a certain way through a tree branch or the wheel of the car in the driveway. But the alternative was every time the wind blew or a car passed on the street, it started recording and notifying. It often doesn't see Amazon or USPS, but that may well be related to the face in question or the angle of approach. UPS rings the doorbell, so we see him.

There are some notes on how to adjust settings.

One thing to consider is whatever system you have, place a sign conspicuously of a different alarm or security provider...so if you have a Ring security system, place an ADT sign out. Simply Safe, place a Ring sign out there, etc...
This assumes that you have a system consisting of window and door contacts, motion sensors and cameras...not just a stand alone doorbell camera.

Back