Right-hand folding shelf for Gen 1?

Didier Joseph

Hi,

I am new to this forum, this is in fact my first posting. I was wondering if anyone would have a right-hand side wood slat swing-up shelf. I have my old Genesis apart and we appear to have lost it in our recent move. Perhaps you've got an extra one from a junker.

Many thanks!

Genesis 1 never had a right hand flip up. Only a left hand one. There was a Genesis 4000 IIRC which had a side burner and flip ups on both sides. The Genesis 2000 and 3000 also only had a left side flip up table

Genesis 1 never had a right hand flip up. Only a left hand one. There was a Genesis 4000 IIRC which had a side burner and flip ups on both sides. The Genesis 2000 and 3000 also only had a left side flip up table

No idea, but ours did have a RHS flip-up wooden slat table

Then it was not a Genesis 1 as there is not shelf extension on that side to put a flip up table on to

Okay fine -- it's a Genesis 3000 or whatever and it does have an extension to put a flip-up table on. I don't know what else to tell you

Well if you put wrong information out there what are you expecting?! Me (all of us) TRY to help but at least meet us halfway and give us correct information. Never fails me how people will gripe when they're the ones making the mistake. Used to see this all the time in the airline. People would come up to us during a boarding process and wonder why they could not board. Hello! Wrong Airline, Wrong Terminal, sometimes even WRONG airport! But it was our fault.
No offense meant to you but please in the future if you're looking for help meet us half way. Or at the least throw a photo up there so we can help

Well if you put wrong information out there what are you expecting?! Me (all of us) TRY to help but at least meet us halfway and give us correct information. Never fails me how people will gripe when they're the ones making the mistake. Used to see this all the time in the airline. People would come up to us during a boarding process and wonder why they could not board. Hello! Wrong Airline, Wrong Terminal, sometimes even WRONG airport! But it was our fault.
No offense meant to you but please in the future if you're looking for help meet us half way. Or at the least throw a photo up there so we can help

Okay no worries. It's just a grill for heaven's sakes. Anyway, the above links about how to re-rig a left-hand shelf seem like the way to go! So I'll just try to scare up one of those! Thanks

Yep, those slide bars are really tough to come by. Either right or left. IMO, your best bet is to find a disaster that someone puts on the curb for free or maybe $20. You cannibalize the slide and slide clip from it and you still have the rest of the grill for parts. You probably wont find the slide any cheaper online if you can source it at all. Don't forget that you need the plastic clip as well that slides on the bar.

Back