Rich Dahl's Fault!

been away so long i've missed this post (or i ain't trying hard enough to read all the good stuff)
Rich, so .... do i need to replace my Chef's Choice slicer?

I knead to know cuz i'm kinda getting tired of it.
Don't know which Rich you were asking, but I'll chime in. The beast is commercially rated and Is unbelievably quick and unstoppable. I used it to slice up 3 lbs. of top round paper thin to make some of Bob's beef jerky took me about 2 minuets or less. Sliced up a whole smoked belly for bacon the whole belly in about 5 minuets.
Only draw back it's a tank and heavy.

Don't know which Rich you were asking, but I'll chime in. The beast is commercially rated and Is unbelievably quick and unstoppable. I used it to slice up 3 lbs. of top round paper thin to make some of Bob's beef jerky took me about 2 minuets or less. Sliced up a whole smoked belly for bacon the whole belly in about 5 minuets.
Only draw back it's a tank and heavy.
Glad you chimed in (other) Rich! I'm a bit embarrassed to say that I haven't even used mine yet! I keep meaning to get some top round for jerky, but with the hoarding hordes at CostCo these days, I haven't wanted to go there. :)

R

Ya know it's funny. I was just at Costco yesterday and it was very pleasant. NO mad hoards everything in stock and "fairly" plentiful. Sam's Clun OTOH not so much

Glad you chimed in (other) Rich! I'm a bit embarrassed to say that I haven't even used mine yet! I keep meaning to get some top round for jerky, but with the hoarding hordes at CostCo these days, I haven't wanted to go there. :)

Like Larry said Barb and I went to Costco and it seemed like just another day not chaotic at all. After they closed down the Sam's here the traffic really increased at Costco. But no real shortages.

Jim, Your timing is perfect I just finished my second winter Weber last night. My beloved green Weber Gen 2000 is in it's winter hibernation mode it's been with me for 22 years. So I decided to make another winter weber to get me by till spring when I can start using the gen 2000 again.
View attachment 19092

View attachment 19096

View attachment 19097

Hahahahaha, the Weber badge on those Crock Pots are amazing! Might have to steal that idea from you.

Back