1 15 1/2oz can of peach halves, drained
1/3 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup canola oil
1/4 cup honey
2 TB. brown sugar
1 tsp. sesame seeds, toasted
1 garlic clove, peeled
1/4 tsp. ground GINGER

1. Prepare grill for indirect heat, using a drip pan. Place ribs over drip pan. Grill, covered, over indirect medium heat for 60 minutes, turning occasionally.
2. Meanwhile, in a blender, combine the remaining ingredients; cover and process until smooth. Baste ribs.
3. Grill ribs until the meat is tender and the juices run clear, 15-20 minutes longer, basting occasionally with the remaining sauce.

Source: Taste of Home mag. 6-2019

Dan, it sounds real tasty to me also. That is why I posted it and why it went right into my "Make Soon" folder. ;) I am now going over my list of ribs that we HAVE made and trying to find some that got a "Very Good" rating to post here. (and also for DH to make again for us. lol)

Believe it or not, but I cooked these ribs many years ago and DH and I really enjoyed them. The recipe says to bake in oven, but you can cook them however you want.

Orange-Maple-Glazed Baby Back Ribs

2/3 cup pure maple syrup
1/2 cup orange juice
1/4 cup minced onion
2 tsp. grated orange peel
2 tsp. fresh lemon juice
1 tsp. dry mustard

2 racks baby back pork ribs
(about 3 lbs. total)

Combine first 6 ingredients in heavy medium saucepan. Simmer over medium heat 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Pour sauce into large bowl and cool.

Preheat oven to 350F. Season ribs with salt and pepper. Arrange on large baking sheet. Bake 35 minutes. Cool 15
minutes. Cut racks into individual ribs.

Add ribs to sauce in bowl and turn to coat. Return ribs to same baking sheet. Bake 30 minutes longer, basting twice
with remaining sauce.

Source: Bon Appetit mag. Nov. 1991

Another one that I made back in my cooking days. It received a "Very Good" rating with 2 !! lol

Caribbean-Style Ribs

4 lbs. pork loin back ribs
1 TB. onion powder
1 TB. packed brown sugar
1 TB. dried thyme, crushed
1 1/2 tsp. salt
1 1/2 tsp. ground allspice
1 tsp. cracked black pepper
1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp. ground cloves
1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper

1. In small bowl, combine onion powder and next 9 ingredients. Sprinkle mixture evenly
over both sides of ribs; rub in with your fingers.
2. Prepare grill for indirect grilling, medium heat. Place ribs on grill, cover and grill for 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 hours or until ribs are tender.

Source: BH&G BBQ 5-05

Besides, you guys know what ribs LOOK like. lol Now, if you make any of these recipes, you will know what they TASTE like, which to me is more important. ;)

DH is helping me downsize the pork/rib binder. (3"😲). We came across this recipe that is going in the make soon folder. You know me, couldn't wait to post it, it sounds soo good, thought you would want to make it soon also. ;)

Ginger Spareribs

2 TB. oil
1 medium onion, chopped
2 TB. minced fresh ginger
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
grated zest and juice of 1 lime
2 TB. Worcestershire sauce
1 TB. chili powder
1 TB. dried oregano
1 1/2 tsp. salt
3 TB. + 1 cup whiskey, divided (no, not for the chef lol)
3 1/2-4 lbs. pork spareribs
2 whole limes, quartered
1" long piece fresh ginger, sliced

1. In pot heat oil over medium heat. Add onion, minced ginger and garlic; cook until softened, about 6 minutes. Add brown sugar, apple cider vinegar, lime zest and juice, Worcestershire sauce, chili powder, oregano and salt. Reduce heat to low; simmer until slightly thickened, about 15 minutes. Remove from heat.; stir in 3 TB. whiskey. Let cool.
2. Pour into large plastic food storage bag; add spareribs. Refrigerate at least 8 hours or overnight.
3. Prepare grill for indirect heat.
4. In large foil roasting pan combine limes, sliced ginger and remaining whiskey. Add enough water until pan is 3/4 full. Place roasting pan in center well of coals. Replace rack.
5. Remove ribs from marinade, brushing off any bits; reserve marinade. Place ribs directly over coals to sear, about 5 minutes per side. Move to center of grill above pan; cover. Cook, turning once, until tender, about 1 hour, 15 minutes. Brush with reserved marinade during last 30 minutes of cooking time.

Source: W.W. mag. 7-96

This is for those of you that like to use store bought spice blends. It does sound good. ;)

Grilled Baby Back Ribs

4 2 lb. racks baby back pork ribs
1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
2 TB. paprika
2 TB. steak seasoning (such as Montreal blend)
1 TB. ground cumin
1 TB. dried oregano
Vegetable oil, for the grill
1/4 cup honey
1 TB. apple cider vinegar
Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper

1. Mix brown sugar and next four ingredient in small bowl. Rub all over the ribs. Place on a baking sheet, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 6 hours or overnight.
2. Preheat a grill to medium high and prepare for indirect grilling.
3. Oil the grill grates. Place the ribs bone-side down on the cooler side of the grill. Cover and cook, rotating the rib rack once, until the meat is tender and pulls away from the bones, about 2 hours to 2 hours 15 minutes.
4. Mix the honey, vinegar, salt and pepper (to taste) in a small bowl. Transfer the ribs to direct heat. Brush with the honey mixture and continue to grill, uncovered, brushing with the honey mixture once more, until glazed, 5 to 10 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board and cut into ribs. Serves 6 to 8

Source: Food Network mag. Sept. 2017
1655831354759.png

Last edited:
While browsing through my bbq cookbooks, I came across this recipe. I LOVE mango's, so this is going in our "Make Soon" folder.

Cuban Pork Ribs with Mango Mojo

The meat:
4 TB. ground annatto or paprika
2 Tb. ground cumin
2 TB. Kosher salt
2 TB. freshly cracked black pepper
2 TB. finely chopped fresh garlic
2 racks pork spareribs,
2 TB. olive oil

The mojo:
1 ripe mango, peeled, stoned and diced small
4 oz. olive oil
4 Tb. white vinegar
juice of 2 limes (4 TB.)
4 Tb. chopped fresh coriander (cilantro)
2 TB. finely chopped fresh chili pepper of your choice
1 TB. finely chopped fresh garlic
Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste

1. Light a fire well over to one side of your grill, using enough coals to fill half a shoebox.
2. Combine the annatto, cumin, salt, pepper and garlic in a small bowl and mix well. Rub the ribs with the oil, then coat them
thoroughly on all sides with the spice mixture, pressing gently to be sure it adheres.
3. When the coals are well lit, place the ribs on the side of the grill away from the coals, being careful that none of the meat is
directly over the coals. Put the lid on the grill with the vents open 1/4 of the way and cook, adding a handful of fresh charcoal about
every 30 minutes, until the juice runs clear when you poke the meat with a fork and the meat is tender and pulls easily from the bone
(3-4 hrs.)
4. While the ribs are cooking, combine the mojo ingredients in a small bowl, mix well and set aside.
5. When the meat is done, remove from the grill, cut the racks into individual ribs and serve "dry", passing the sauce on the side.
Serves 4-6

Source: "Barbecue" - Chris Schlesinger - 2008

Here is what we finally decided to make for the 4th!!!

Stars and Stripes Barbecue Ribs

3 1/2 lbs. pork spareribs

Sauce:
1 tsp. dry mustard
1 tsp. ground sweet paprika
1/2 tsp. ground oregano
1/2 tsp. ground cumin
1/4 cup peanut oil
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 tsp. Tabasco sauce
1 cup ketchup
2 TB. Worcestershire sauce
1/3 cup tomato paste
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 TB. cider vinegar

1. To make the sauce: Mix the mustard and dry spices with oil in a medium pan. Blend in the remaining ingredients. Cook,
stirring over medium heat for 5 minutes until combined. Cool before refrigerating. Store half in a clean glass jar for later use.
2. Coat the ribs with the remaining sauce and marinate overnight. Cook on a medium hot barbecue grill, turning frequently, until
well done. Serves 6-8

Source: "The Backyard Barbecue Cookbook

Last edited:

Back