Ribs on a Thursday aka Living My Best Life

Michael Richards

TVWBB Emerald Member
Was really craving ribs directly because of some of the cooks I have seen on here recently. Then went out yesterday and both these were 50% off 7 bucks each! I was teleworking today so I decided... I could make some ribs while working a full day of work, you know, meetings, reports and ribs, yeah.
IMG_20230330_110546.jpg

I keep it super easy and low key today. Kettle locked in between 225 and 235 all day. Removed the membranes, seasoned them up and onto the kettle.
IMG_20230330_112735.jpg

Normally with ribs I do the 3-2-1 with the whole wrap and fancy stuff, but today just let them go. At 2 hours mopped with peach nectar because my consuming monsters know has teenagers drank the gallon of apple juice in like 2 days and because I could not find my my spray bottle.
IMG_20230330_133103.jpg

Last half hour one got sauced and the other did not.
IMG_20230330_163539.jpg

Inside
IMG_20230330_165822.jpg

Cut.
IMG_20230330_171344.jpg

Served with some homemade Mac and cheese.
IMG_20230330_171751.jpg

Not the best ribs I ever cooked, but still mighty good with literally 10% of the intensity I normal place towards the rib cooking process, didn’t interfere with work at all and still made it to soccer practice on time!

Quite an accomplishment while working a full day! Those look great.
I have never wrapped ribs - didn't feel like they need it. I would happily gobble up a couple of those, either dry or sauced,
and the mac n cheese looks very tasty too.

I like the whole " I made mac n cheese from scratch, while I was working today " theory.....
I need to sign up for this kind of job.....I don't think the extra 10 pounds from eating bbq every single day would show much!!!

I like the whole " I made mac n cheese from scratch, while I was working today " theory.....
I need to sign up for this kind of job.....I don't think the extra 10 pounds from eating bbq every single day would show much!!
Here was the time line...
530 am start working
1130 am ribs go on
300 pm stop working
330 pm start making mac and cheese
510 pm dinner served
600 pm soccer practice
830 pm a little more work

Lol!! Love that. Those ribs look outrageous, Michael!
They do look good, it doesn't matter how I do mine I always get a nice dark rib too....sometimes I just wish it looked more like they do on bbq competition I see on the tee vee. A nice mahogany colour would be nice for once but no one ever complains......maybe I cook em just a tad too much.

Last edited:

Back