Ribs on a 14.5"

This thread is interesting. I have a new 18" WSM and am hoping I can do 6 racks of ribs (3 on each grate, flat). Guess I'll find out as I'm picking the ribs up on my way home! :rolleyes:

This thread is interesting. I have a new 18" WSM and am hoping I can do 6 racks of ribs (3 on each grate, flat). Guess I'll find out as I'm picking the ribs up on my way home! :rolleyes:

I just got an 18 myself and I'm planning my first smoke saturday. Let me know what you think about doing 6 racks. I feel like it could work in a rack but not flat unless they are cut in half

Ah, thanks. Looks like 6 is doable.

Side question; does your lower grate have handles? I notice in a lot of videos only the top rack has them but mine are identical.

I just got a 14" WSM, and tried it this weekend for the first time.
I did 2 racks of baby back ribs. To test the process, I cut one rack and split it between racks, and rolled the second rack. The cut ribs were excellent. The top rack was probably a little better, and got a little darker, but both were excellent. The rolled rack on the top was a little more dry than the flat racks. I didn't flip them half way or anything. It could be a fluke. But do you do anything differently when you roll ribs?

Back