Ribs make everything better

Michael Richards

TVWBB Emerald Member
I was bummed after not landing a first gen performer on Marketplace, so to help make myself feel better I made some ribs on my amazing cooking Master Touch machine!
Homemade rub.
IMG_20210325_210448.jpg
On when the Master Touch hit 250 with a good bit of pecan and hickory wood in there.
IMG_20210325_210459.jpg
At 2 and a half hours when I took them to get wrapped.
IMG_20210325_210527.jpg
And here they are later in the process ready to be pulled.
20210325_164930_HDR.jpg
Some cuts.
IMG_20210325_204922.jpg
And plated with a great pasta salad that my girls made on their lunch breaks.

IMG_20210325_204928.jpg

Yeah, I feel better!

Michael, now that you have your rotisserie you can get the basket thing and spin two racks at the same time!!
I don’t have the basket thing so, I don’t do that but, I’m told it works well.

You can also get 2 racks flat on your 22 MT using the fuse method with your charcoal. I just keep them on the opposite side from the lit coals and rotate their proximity to the coals when I mop or spray.

Great looking ribs, Michael! ....and you're right, ribs always make everything better! :)

R

Michael, I have tried to mind my own business, but I just have to know.
Do you mind telling us what you used in your rub?

Rib-O-Lator Barbecue Rotisserie!​

Eric - If you already own them and enjoy them, that's great, on paper/youtube this product looks great, but I've been trying to forget about my Rib-O-Lator experience.

I bought mine so I could up my rib cooking capacity when I was running my 22" kettle, before I got the 22" WSM. There wasn't really enough space in the 22" Kettle with the rotisserie ring rotisserie ring, for the baskets to clear the sides of th cooker with ribs loaded on it. And the meat always seemed pretty cramped in the baskets. Baskets were also painful to clean.... I suppose you can wrap the baskets in foil but that's not much fun either.... I was successful in upping the rib production with the Rib-O-Lator but it really wasn't worth the headaches and flavor was no different than other methods.

Current plan for mass quantities of ribs is to use the gateway rib hanger in my WSM. I haven't tried doing this many yet, but I think I can do 6 to 8 racks that way, and probably get em done in < 6 hours.

No I don't own a Rib-O-Lator, I will let someone else be the Guinea Pig, I was just providing some info. Even though I have a rotisserie, I just don't seem to use it that often & I'm not real sure about this "Rib-O-Lator!"

I have a Weber WSM expandable smoking rack that I primarily use for smoking sausage. I smoked a slab of baby back ribs hanging it on the rack, it just wasn't for me, the taste isn't the same as smoking the ribs lying flat on the WSM. I'm not knocking the method, it just didn't meet my taste profile.

Michael, I have tried to mind my own business, but I just have to know.
Do you mind telling us what you used in your rub?
Joan,
I am completely comfortable sharing, it is just pretty simple standard bbq stuff so I have not felt too compelled to share. However, we here like this better then any of the fancy rubs I have bought for chicken and pork so here goes.

Bubba and Fi's BBQ rub
2 Tablespoons Paprika
2 Tablespoons Course Kosher Salt
4 Tablespoons Light Brown Sugar
2 teaspoons course black pepper
2 teaspoons garlic powder
1/2 Tablespoon Chili Powder
1/2 Tablespoon Onion Powder
1/4 teaspoon Chipotle Pepper Powder
1/4 teaspoon Cumin
A pinch of Cayenne Pepper Powder

I feel like some may say too much salt and/or too much sugar, but after playing around with it for the last few months I am really happy.

Not all ribs make everything better. But these certainly do! Nice job. Keep working on that Performer. I was looking nearly two years for mine and it ended up being by far a much better deal than all the "ones that got away".

Back