Ribs- How do you cook them?

I've got to start experimenting with the competition method. My wife likes ribs sloppy, so it sounds right. But, since I don't like them too soft, I might try a 3-1-2 the first time.

Any thoughs?

Mike

I don't know how I missed this thread before. Great information.

I've done nothing but back ribs for years. The last time I did spares they were untrimmed, unrubbed at high temp on a grill and plastered with sauce. A greasy, fatty, unappetizing experience.

I'm going to give spares another chance next weekend using the advice from this thread and Chris. You may have another convert.

jrp

I never miss a thread on Ribs. I can smell it!
icon_biggrin.gif
I'll be eating ribs on my death bed lol.

Amen, to that Bob!!!<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bob T.:
I never miss a thread on Ribs. I can smell it!
icon_biggrin.gif
I'll be eating ribs on my death bed lol. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Michael Gilbert:
I've got to start experimenting with the competition method. My wife likes ribs sloppy, so it sounds right. But, since I don't like them too soft, I might try a 3-1-2 the first time.

Any thoughs?

Mike </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Mike - I'd try 4-1-1 first. I actually do something more like 4.5-1-.5. I like getting plenty of smoke and color on my ribs before they go in the foil. That usually takes about 4+ hours.

Back