Ribs/Grand Champion

Joe S.

TVWBB Super Fan
Here is some pics of a rib cook going right now and a meatloaf from the other day.The meatloaf has Texas BBQ rub brisket and the rib has the their new grand champion blend. I'm about 2 hours into the cook.
DSC03844.jpg

DSC03845.jpg
DSC03846.jpg

I usually don't foil but I'm trying something different and hoping to speed up the cooking time.I put a mixture of honey,brown sugar and srirachi sauce on the ribs and wrapped in foil.Sorry for the blurry pic,didn't realize until after I put the ribs back on the grill.
DSC03847.jpg

after foil.Almost done.
DSC03849.jpg

Here is a done pic.I didn't get cut or platted pics.Although this was probably the best rib I have done yet.It seemed to lack a little smoke and no smoke ring.For some reason I have a harder time with smoke ring on my ceramic than my kettle.Thanks for looking.
DSC03850.jpg

I tellya Joe, this last photo of yours...

DSC03850.jpg

LOOKS FANTASTIC!
I'd eet that entire rack myself! In minutes
icon_biggrin.gif

I have wanted to try Sriracha sauce on ribs. Did you put equal part honey and sauce or less sauce? I usually drizzle the honey on my ribs when foiling. Did you brush the sauce on or drizzle??

I might try this, this weekend.

looks deeeeeeeeeeeeeeelish, thanks for sharing.

I followed the Sriracha sauce recipe (on chicken parts) to a tee and substituted Frank's for Sriracha and it was a huge hit.......Sriracha's a little too strong for my wife. I add a little Sriracha on the side to kick it up a notch.

I can't wait to try it on ribs.

Originally posted by Nate C:
I have wanted to try Sriracha sauce on ribs. Did you put equal part honey and sauce or less sauce? I usually drizzle the honey on my ribs when foiling. Did you brush the sauce on or drizzle??

Nate.I just mixed the honey and the sauce and brown sugar in a bowl then put on ribs.I'm not sure of the amounts I just dumped some honey in then added the sauce and tasting each time until I got the taste I was looking for.
I have to give credit to Larry.I wanted to try his orange siracha sauce recipe but I didn't have the orange so I just went with what I had.Next time I will try the marmalade mixe in.
Thanks for looking everyone.

Originally posted by Joe S.:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nate C:

Nate.I just mixed the honey and the sauce and brown sugar in a bowl then put on ribs.I'm not sure of the amounts I just dumped some honey in then added the sauce and tasting each time until I got the taste I was looking for.
I have to give credit to Larry.I wanted to try his orange siracha sauce recipe but I didn't have the orange so I just went with what I had.Next time I will try the marmalade mixe in.
Thanks for looking everyone. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks...will try this weekend.

What has been your opinion of the TBBQ Championship Rub?? I have heard good things about it but have yet to try it. Thought about buying some...interested in your opinion on the rub vs other rubs vs making your own. I have always made my own.
icon_smile.gif

What has been your opinion of the TBBQ Championship Rub?? I have heard good things about it but have yet to try it. Thought about buying some...interested in your opinion on the rub vs other rubs vs making your own. I have always made my own.
icon_smile.gif

I used to make my own but once I tried TBR I quit making.The rubs are really good and for the price of a 2 pound pack you can't beat it.I buy TBR and Dizzy.The Grand Champion is really good.I Buy one 2 pound bag of each to keep on hand.
Glenn,I just the flap off the back and straighten up the one end.I don't cut a true a st.louis style.I use the cut pieces as a protecter when cooking since the meat is long and on my ceramic the edges are exposed a little.Those cut pieces are a good snack while waiting for the spare to finish.

I was pretty excited to order me up some of the Championship Rub, uhhhm, where is it? I think I'm going to go ahead with my order as of now and just get a couple bags of old #2, but don't see the championship blend anywhere?
icon_confused.gif

Brandon,

I read it won't be on there site for a couple weeks.You could call and see if they have some on hand.

Originally posted by Brandon A:
I was pretty excited to order me up some of the Championship Rub, uhhhm, where is it? I think I'm going to go ahead with my order as of now and just get a couple bags of old #2, but don't see the championship blend anywhere?
icon_confused.gif

They were running a special for several weeks where you put the regular rub in your shopping cart and in the special instructions page, wrote "championship". This would signify the Championship rub and you also got a jar of free habanero jeli which got raving reviews. This special offer ended March 29 I believe and like another poster noted, the Championship rub should be making the product page soon.

Joe...which do your prefer...the regular rub or the championship?

EDIT: Contacted Bill at TXBBQ regarding the Championship Rub and here is what he said.

Nate we will have it on the site in a week or so. If you want to order
some now just order the Texas BBQ Rub and in the special mailing
instructions tell me you want the Champion Rub and we will get it to ya.

I ordered a bag...looking forward to trying it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Brandon A:
icon_confused.gif

They were running a special for several weeks where you put the regular rub in your shopping cart and in the special instructions page, wrote "championship". This would signify the Championship rub and you also got a jar of free habanero jeli which got raving reviews. This special offer ended March 29 I believe and like another poster noted, the Championship rub should be making the product page soon.

Joe...which do your prefer...the regular rub or the championship?

EDIT: Contacted Bill at TXBBQ regarding the Championship Rub and here is what he said.

Nate we will have it on the site in a week or so. If you want to order
some now just order the Texas BBQ Rub and in the special mailing
instructions tell me you want the Champion Rub and we will get it to ya.

I ordered a bag...looking forward to trying it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Whelp, I missed the boat this time. I must have told them to keep me off the mailing list the first time I ordered from them. I signed up now so I can receive cool promotional stuff from them. Make sure to let us know what you think of the rub Nate!

Nate,

I really like the new stuff.If you never tried the wild give it a try.Heck I have mixed the original,wild and brisket altogether and liked it alot.
I add the rub to my mayo for sandwhich's.

Back