Ribs freezing etc ???

John Furdyn

TVWBB Pro
local store (weis), has spare ribs (I think there enchanced), on sale for $1.49/lb this week that's a very good price for this area. I would like to stock up at that price.

Add says "previously" frozen. Would it be better to re-freeze the "uncooked" ribs, or to "cook" the ribs and then freeze them ? After eating some of course.

Any info appreciated.

Thanks

If they are well sealed, I'd toss them in the freezer as is. They were most likely thawed at fridge temps, which means they are safe to refreeze.

Just make sure all the packs you buy have no air in them. If the vac seal held you will be safe to re-freeze.

The ribs are packed on a typical foam (pink) type, platter if you will, wrappred with a saran wrap type material and not vac sealed.

I will be using them in a month or so.

Wonder if I should take out of the store packaging and vac seal them myself ?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Wonder if I should take out of the store packaging and vac seal them myself ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I would, plans change, you might not get to them when you think. They won't last long as is, vac sealed you can get several months easy.

Back