Ribs and Salmon?

Jeff Langer

TVWBB Fan
Looking for suggestions on how to pull off this cook! My mother in law wants ribs and the wife wants salmon. My thoughts are to cook the ribs on the top rack as I usually do and then throw the salmon on the bottom rack for the last part of the cook. My only concern is the fish making the ribs taste like fish!!

Any suggestions?:confused::confused::confused::confused:

I do this all the time. Marinate the salmon in soy sauce and brown sugar. I put the pork butt/ribs/whatever on the bottom rack and put the salmon on the top. I put the salmon on a grill pan and or foil on the top rack. 45 minutes at 250-275 and you're done.

I typically do the salmon at the beginning of the cook and have that for lunch and then have the pork butt/ribs at dinner but if you want them both at the same time, then you can do it at the tail end.

So far, there's no real "salmon" smell. It's all oak smoke, baby.

joe

After you tank the ribs off. Just take the whole WSM apart and put you rack over the coals. Slam a CI skillet down and get that puppy hot. little bit of butter in the pan with a couple cut up lemons. Hit each side about two min depending on thickness. Nothing better then blacken salamon

What is the difference between iodized and non-iodized salt other than the obvious? Do you think it would be ok to use regular salt in this recipe?

http://virtualweberbullet.com/salmon1.html

I'm sure it would be fine. Some feel it gives an off flavor. I just did this recipe and used Mormons table salt non iodized and it was very cheap. Like $4. Btw I love that salmon recipe. It's great. Make two for a group and it was a home run.

Salmon turned out good. A little sweet for my taste, but I just scraped the finishing rub off and it was fine! Ribs were amazing as always... My mother in law told me I needed to open a restaurant when we sat down to eat!!

Last edited:

Back