Ribs and bacon wrapped jalapeno popper stuffed chicken

MikeLucky

TVWBB Pro
Fired up the Weber Smokey Mountain today. Ribs have been on for 3 hours, so wrapped them and put the bacon wrapped jalapeno popper stuffed chicken breasts on. Pan full of baked beans are on the lower rack catching all the drippings.

EZ8IyId.jpg

yoiJMiU.jpg

pWnBLwG.jpg

Chicken came out awesome

QnRR4Yj.jpg

Ribs had the bones pulling out clean. I know I won't be winning any BBQ competition but they were tasty.

ESQPNN0.png

I've always enjoyed the combo of flavors in chicken and jalapeno pepper. I bet that was good. Back when I ate fried foods, before Mrs Dollar decided we weren't gonna have anything fried, I enjoyed the jalapeno that Church's Fried Chicken put in the box. It paired well.

Nice color on the ribs, also.

I've always enjoyed the combo of flavors in chicken and jalapeno pepper. I bet that was good. Back when I ate fried foods, before Mrs Dollar decided we weren't gonna have anything fried, I enjoyed the jalapeno that Church's Fried Chicken put in the box. It paired well.

Nice color on the ribs, also.

Wow...what a memory blast! I also loved that jalapeño with Churches fried chicken...the last time I did that was around 1980!

Mike, that cook looks delicious but the chicken poppers over the top. That's going on our dinner list as soon as we do some more bacon. Thanks for sharing that with us.

Very nice cook Mike, especially the chicken. Barb is known around here as the popper queen and we have a boat load of skinless boneless chicken breasts. I can see use replicating your chicken cook in the near future. Now if you will excuse me I have to get some bacon going.

What Clint said. I like the look of those ribs, but that chicken must have been amazing.

Nice looking cook Mike. Really like the ribs. What happened to the beans?

Thanks everyone. It really turned out great. The chicken was really good. Now I'm looking forward to the leftovers. The cold breasts should slice nicely for sandwiches similar to meatloaf. The recipe is pretty self explanatory, cream cheese and cheddar mix into the peppers into the butterflied breast and wrapped in bacon. I did mix some rub in the cheese mixture and on the breasts when I put them on the smoker. When they got to 145 internal I brushed them with Head Country Chipotle Sauce. Pulled at 165 internal.

The beans were awesome. I didn't get a pic but some of the cheese mixture from the chickens dripped into them and it was really fantastic.

The recipe is pretty self explanatory, cream cheese and cheddar mix into the peppers into the butterflied breast and wrapped in bacon.

Do you have the cheese proportion amounts?

There's a stuffed cordon bleu recipe that I got from Cooks Illustrated. It uses a cream cheese, cheddar mix. If I recall correctly, it has cream cheese, cheddar, thyme, sauted onions, garlic. Very good.

Do you have the cheese proportion amounts?

There's a stuffed cordon bleu recipe that I got from Cooks Illustrated. It uses a cream cheese, cheddar mix. If I recall correctly, it has cream cheese, cheddar, thyme, sauted onions, garlic. Very good.

I just used one package of cream cheese and 4oz of shredded cheddar with some rub mixed in. I used a higher concentration of cream cheese because I didn't want it to be over oily or just melting out too much. As you can see from the picture it held together well.

I'm a crazy big fan of Jalapeno Popper Chicken!!!
Next time you make them try this. . .
Score the outside of the jalapeno before you cut them in half. (USE GLOVES so you don't get that popper heat on anything but the chicken)
Anyhow I found that by doing that the chicken picks up a lot more of the jalapeno flavor.
And no that wasn't my idea, my son told me one of his friends do that when they make them.

Back