Ribeyes - some imgination required.....

Rich G

TVWBB Honor Circle
.....ok, so Monday night, wife going out for Bunko, 2 kids with soccer practice, one of those also has swim practice, and another at cross crountry practice. Needless to say, grabbing the camera was not in the cards this evening.....

Imagine if you will, two nicely proportioned, choice grade ribeyes. Imagine those ribeyes coming to room temperature, then graciously accepting a generous dusting of coarse salt, followed by a blanket of Raising the Steaks from Dizzy Pig.

Outside there is a 30+ year old grill yearning to be put in the rotation. A chimney full of lump charcoal gets fired, smokes, flames, and is ready to cook. Oiled paper towels clean and moisten a hot grate. Two ribeyes hit the grill, sizzling a bit on the indirect side of the hot grate.

Inside, people wait.

A thermometer beeps, and the ribeyes get transferred to a plate, loosely covered. Vents are opened, coals get red hot, the steaks are back on again, sizzling with gusto now. Through the smoke tongs turn the steaks, lid down, wait, wait, wait.....done!

They have worked hard, so the ribeyes rest. A knife is sharpened, children pine for whatever kind of heavenly smelling protein is hiding under that foil. Slice, slice, slice......taste, smile, good, very good.

Everyone eats, and is happy. Then homework begins......

Sorry, no pics, but my new brownie showed off her stuff tonight, and cooked up some steaks like she just came off the Weber line yesterday.

Rich

Your description was so good, we'll give you a pass on the no pics rule this time! My goodness, I remember those days of youngsters at practices all over the place.... I know you're enjoying it!

You made that easy to imagine. I love a good rib-eye. Sounds to me that you had a busy night last night. You also sound like a wonderful Dad keep up the good work.
Brazos

A picture may be worth a thousand words, but I must say Rich, that your few words were worth a thousand pictures!

Thanks for "looking" guys!
icon_smile.gif

R

Back