Ribeye with Jack Daniel's Garlic butter

Ryan P.K.

TVWBB Pro
My wife and I decided to have a nice relaxing night at home. We have been busy every weekend since we got married in October. I told her that we are having a nice quiet dinner. There is nothing better then dinner with your wife and having a great steak to have with her. Here are some pics of t our dinner.

The star of the show
DSC00946.jpg
[/IMG]

Guest appereance
DSC00948.jpg
[/IMG]

Supporting roles
DSC00947.jpg

DSC00950.jpg
[/IMG]
DSC00949.jpg

The final credits
DSC00951.jpg
[/IMG]

I totally forgot the grill shot. I was half way through the meal, when I realized that I did not take a grill shot.

-William, here you go-

Garlic-Whiskey Butter:
1 stick unsalted butter, softened
1 shallot minced, soaked in 1/2 shot of Jack Daniels (or other whiskey)
3 tsp minced parsley
1 tsp minced garlic
1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
3 tsp Jack Daniels (or other whiskey)
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
White pepper to taste

Make Garlic-Whiskey Butter:
Make Butter at least 3 hours in advance. Combine butter, shallots soaked in Jack Daniels, parsley, Worcestershire, mustard, whiskey, salt, and pepper. Mix well. On a piece of plastic wrap, drop butter in spoonful’s to form a log. Roll butter in plastic wrap and smooth out to form a round log. Refrigerate until hard and easy to slice into round, coin-shaped pieces. Remove steaks from the grill, top with a pat of the whiskey butter and allow to rest at least 5 minutes but no longer than 10 before serving. Spread the melted butter all over the tops of the steaks and top each with a fresh slice of the whiskey butter and parsley, if desired.

Nice meal, and thanks for the sauce recipe. Now that you're an old married guy you can post on here all the time like the rest of us!

Back