Rib Roast!!

John LS

Man, if you haven't tried a rib roast yet in your WSM, you are missing out!!! I cooked my first rib roast in the WSM yesterday. High Temp cook (no water in pan). Cooked between 325-350 for about 3.5 hours until internal temp was 140 degrees. I also made the horseradish cream sauce (recipe provided on this site). It was a simple cook, just sprinkled some salt and pepper on the roast and let the WSM do the rest. It was excellent!!

Merry XMAS!!

John - AZ

John,

I bought a 13.5 lb., seven bone Prime Rib yesterday at Costco, to cook Christmas Day. I think it was a good price, $9.99/lb for USDA Prime, considering the last one I bought at a butcher shop was Choice for $8.99/lb. I am going to use Chris’ Herb Crusted recipe and method from the VWB Cooking Topics section. I’ve used it before and it turned out to be the best Prime Rib we have ever had.

Wow, that is a great deal for prime - if I knew I could find it for that price, I'd be all over it.

We have choice for 5.99 this week at Publix.

JimK,

My wife doesn't much like smokey flavors, so I minimized the smoke. I used only one chunk of Oak. I don't know if this had much to do with it however, I used a 50/50 mix of regular Kingsford and Kingsford with mesquite. The kingsford with mesquite doesn't provide an overpowering smoke flavor.

John

I have a 4 lb choice roast we got at Giant for $5.99 a lb. It will be my first try at rib roast on the WSM on Xmas day.

Back