Rib Racks

Bob T.

TVWBB Wizard
I bought one of those non weber racks at Home Depot. (Charbroil maybe?) Some mentioned they are a pain to clean, and I agree. I used the rack a few weeks ago, set in the garage after the cook, and forgot about it.
icon_eek.gif

I bought a can of "Zeps" BBQ grill & Microwave cleaner at HD and used that to clean it. I sprayed it on, waited 3 minutes, and all the gunk wiped right off really easy.
I will say that I do spray Pam on the rack/grates before I cook.
Until I find something cheaper/easier, I'll use this. Anyone else have anything they use?

Hey BobT

I agree with you about the charbroil rack.I just throw it in the dishwasher and let the caramel coloring stay on.I figure as long as it gets the food off I'm happy.The weber rack is a lot easier to clean but i dont like the way it holds racks of ribs.Now on the other hand it hold leg quarters beautifuly.

SeeYaa
Jeff

Greased lightning is another spray on product that is helpful. Soaking them overnight is also really good. I have a deep dishpan in my workshop and toss them in that with some degreasing soap and leave them till the next a.m.

Paul

Ditto to greased Lightning, my wife keeps it on hand and it really does a great job. I have seen it in most of the grocery stores.

I may have to try the greased lightning if it is cheaper. The stuff I bought is a little on the salty side $$.

I second the dishwasher. I throw the racks, water pan and grates in there and run the cycle. Once its done just take them out and wipe them with a clean towel. Make sure you dont have the dishwasher on the drying cycle or its just going to rebake all the remaining crud back on.

Back