Rib racks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Go to Konrad Haskins post of 4/21/03 and you'll see a pic he posted. Sorry I'm not savy enough to give you a direct link.

Paul

Jason,

No fricking lie... $90 for a rib rack is insane.

I can't believe that they sell many of them. Now anybody that knows me, knows that I love a quality product. However, there comes that point of dimished returns.

I just don't see where the return would be on this investment.

I could buy 4 Char-Broil rib racks and one of those $150 Amazon Smokey MTs for the cost of 2 Gator Racks & shipping.

I am not even mentioning that I could take that pick to my local welder and have 2 of them made for $90.

Someone spent $90 on these, and according to he website, the ribs came in third. Third? My guess is that the top two used $10 racks.

I too use the Char-Broil racks, and I love them.

Are you saying a selling point of these racks was that ribs cooked using them placed in competition? (Searching for deed to FL swamp property.)

The rib racks are clearly the most important part of competition ribs. If the person who finished third had used $500 racks he probably would have won. What a cheapskate.

Just wanted to let everyone know that I finally decided to pick up a couple of the Char-Broil rib racks. Finally decided you can't beat them for $8 each. I deformed the "rails" to be more vertical to allow additional slabs to be placed between the normal slots.

Haven't used them yet, but it would appear I can now hold a minimum of 7 full slabs-- 7 half slabs in each rack-- and probably more by putting full slabs in the center most slots and by stacking if I really need higher capacity.

Thanks all for the suggestions.

Ditto...I ended up going with the CharBroil racks as well.....cheap cheap cheap.......and if they get to dirty....you can simply pitch them and buy a few more.

I have Char Broil, but I really prefer coiling the ribs and using a wooden skewer to hold them. No clean up and this method is really efficient.

I also use the Charbroil racks and have had good results
Charbroil_rib_rack.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back