Rib Prices

David P Harrisburg

TVWBB Member
In Weis store picking up a few items walked by meat meat section to see what they had. Ribs were 9.00$ a lb. Intention was to get 2 racks of ribs but 60.00$ for 2 rack of ribs I guess we will be eating chicken.

I haven't bought ribs in awhile, but that is crazy high.
Spares by me at sams club are $1.98/lb.
Loin back $3.62/lb.

Were they like specialty pork?

Walmart here still has Smithfield extra tender spares for $1.74/lb. for 2 slab pack and $1.97 for single slabs. St. Louis and Baby Backs have come down a bit but are still ridiculous at $4.68 and $5.17/lb. respectively. At those prices you can buy spares, trim to St. Louis, throw away all of the trimmings and still come out cheaper than buying the St. Louis. Really doesn't matter to me as I always buy spares, trim down and find plenty of use for the trimmings.

Reply to Timothy, no special pork just Swift Baby Backs. I checked online to verify I wasn`t seeing things and yes they were 8.99 lb. though they did have a slash thru 8.99 showing 5.99 lb. I did not see any markdown display in cooler so I don`t know if 5.99 lb only applied if you had a weis card. Either way 5.99 or 8.99 per lb is getting expensive since you can only eat half your purchase.

Back