Rib hanger for a 14.5?

I've got a Hunsaker for my 14 but I've never hung ribs from it. Have done a tri tip and came out fantastic.

Thanks, I do see they make one and many other things for the 14.5. But damn $50 for it, I did order the vortex heat plate for it though.
Do you still use your vortex heat plate? I've been considering one for long cooks with charcoal piled high or maybe even hot & fast cooks too. Wondering what you think after a couple months...

Do you still use your vortex heat plate? I've been considering one for long cooks with charcoal piled high or maybe even hot & fast cooks too. Wondering what you think after a couple months...
I only used it once so far, it works good, but for cooks like pork butts with a lot of fat it’s better to use a foiled water pan. Only because of the grease

I've got a Hunsaker for my 14 but I've never hung ribs from it. Have done a tri tip and came out fantastic.
Just curious if you know how many racks of ribs you can hang on the Hunsaker for the 14.5 WSM and will they fit with the water pan still in place?

You could always do surgery to a couple of coat hangers and burn the paint off before using?

Just curious if you know how many racks of ribs you can hang on the Hunsaker for the 14.5 WSM and will they fit with the water pan still in place?
you are going to have to cut ribs if you want to hang ribs. with water pan you're working with a vertical 15 inches. I do use the rack but not for ribs. draping skirt steak over it mostly and I've tied chicken.

I can cook four slabs of ribs with racks easy enough.

Back