Resurrected the gasser

Lew

TVWBB All-Star
I have a 2002 Genesis Silver C that I haven't used for about 3 years because the gas bottle ran out and I never got around to refilling it. I always cook on my Performer so I never saw the need. My wife has been complaining lately because she used to like cooking out herself but is charcoal-challenged.

I cleaned it up last Saturday and got some gas. I had to replace the regulator, but the burners (original), cooking grates, and flavorizer bars (all stainless steel) are fine. It looks almost brand new and I've used it every night since. My wife is stoked; you would think I bought her a diamond.

I haven't been smoking or grilling much this summer (still have 280 lb of charcoal and didn't go to the Labor Day sales for the first time in years) but 4 straight days (and a couple of afternoons) on the gasser and I'm reborn.

Of course, I will go back to the Performer and WSM and leave the gasser to my wife, but it's funny what it takes sometimes to get me off my a$$ and back on the deck (and maybe here) more often.

I'm the same way. I have a 2010 Genesis,ans E310 IIRC. Plus a 22" OTS and about 175 pounds of K and RO. Sometimes,the simplicity of flipping a switch is all I need. And It's great for those quick midweek steaks and chops!

Back