Requested Napoleon Prestige 500 RSIB review

MartyB

TVWBB Member
Recently stepped into a used Summit rabbit-hole up to the knee. Quickly got myself out of that but the damage was done.
Started searching for another gasser.
Rotisserie items in my house are a big thing, and if I got another used grill my wife would be.....unhappy with me.
Ended up with a Napoleon Prestige 500 RSIB (Rear/Side Infrared Burners)

Initial thoughts, Good: 304 stainless for all stainless parts. Cast aluminum fire box. Rotisserie rod/forks/motor included. Lifetime warranty on a lot of the components.
Nitpicks: majority of cabinet is painted steel. No shelf in cabinet. Hooks on inside of door are too low for any of my grill brushes.

Other observations.
Most of the cabinet snaps together vs bolted. Mine was delivered fully assembled but slightly out-of-square in the front. A little muscle and it's square now.
Rotisserie burner works great. Much longer than the one in the summit as well. It's an IR burner but not a ceramic one. It's a standard burner behind a slotted metal grill.
It did a rotisserie chicken last night beautifully.
There is a lot of good vertical space under the hood. You can actually get a spatula under the warming rack and flip a burger.
I haven't used the infrared sear/side burner. Only lit it to test it.
Right-side shelf folds down, not a big deal for me.

Tonight will be the real test on the main burners. On 2 previous cooks, I noticed that the back of the grilling surface was MUCH cooler than the front. After closer inspection, the heat shield/drip tray wasn't pushed all the way back, leaving about a 2" air gap at the back/bottom of the firebox for fresh air to enter.

Overall, it FEELS a lot more solid than a Genesis II. Is it worth 50% more? Yet to be seen.
But the lifetime warranty on a great portion of the grill (including the burners) and 15 year on the rest was a definite draw.

NP500.jpg

Back