Replacement probe for et-73

Here is what is available on the literature that comes with the ET-73

Replacement probes

To purchase, out of warranty, stainless steel replacement probes please mail us a check to address below and specify probe type:

ET-73 Food Probe $12.00/ea
ET-73 Smoker Probe $12.00/ea
NEW 6 ft length * high heat ET-72/73 Food Probe $17.00/ea
2 - NEW 6 ft length * high heat ET-72/73 Food Probe $27.75/ea

All prices include shipping & handling. NJ residents add 6% sales tax.

Attn Customer Service
Maverick Industries, Inc.
94 Mayfield Ave.
Edison NJ 08837

* The NEW high heat probe wire is rated for 570°F to reduce accidental wire burn outs.

You can use a Polder probe, and pick one up local. Linen's and Things have them as well as Wal Mart etc. My probes from my Nu-Temp work just fine in my Polder and vice versa.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hank Hill:
Here is what is available on the literature that comes with the ET-73

Replacement probes

To purchase, out of warranty, stainless steel replacement probes please mail us a check to address below and specify probe type:

ET-73 Food Probe $12.00/ea
ET-73 Smoker Probe $12.00/ea
NEW 6 ft length * high heat ET-72/73 Food Probe $17.00/ea
2 - NEW 6 ft length * high heat ET-72/73 Food Probe $27.75/ea

All prices include shipping & handling. NJ residents add 6% sales tax.

Attn Customer Service
Maverick Industries, Inc.
94 Mayfield Ave.
Edison NJ 08837

* The NEW high heat probe wire is rated for 570°F to reduce accidental wire burn outs. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I can't stress enough that if you are in this situation to pick up the PAIR of the HD probes for $27 to do so. Well worth the investment. These have heavy duty and proper length wire and insulation and replace the original food and pit probes. I really believe that Maverick would ship these as original equipment, but they are forced to hit a price point and can't if they want to stay in the market/price point.

I bought the PAIR when my pit probe went, and they have been absolutely worth it.

Bryan is absolutely correct - you can use a Poulder probe and they will work fine. But, to me that's a short term fix. IOW the Poulder probes are similar in quality to the original ones that come with the ET 73 and will eventually fail especially if you are placing a lid on top of them. They simply don't have heavy enough wire or insulation for HD use.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> you can use a Poulder probe and they will work fine. But, to me that's a short term fix. IOW the Poulder probes are similar in quality to the original ones that come with the ET 73 and will eventually fail especially if you are placing a lid on top of them. They simply don't have heavy enough wire or insulation for HD use. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I have the Guru eyelits in my WSM so no issue with the lid and wires. Yes to the heavy duty wires if you are going in under the lid. I'm Hell on probes. Seems I'm always dropping them in water. Once you get water/liquid in where the wire goes into the steel probe it's lights out for that probe. Don't ask me how I know.

What is the symptom of a bad probe? Incorrect temp or no reading at all?. I'm not getting any readings on my 73 and I wonder if both probes are shot or if there is a bigger problem?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Incorrect temp or no reading at all?. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Ken, I have gotten both over the years. Onetime the bad probe will read way off, and another time it won't post a temp at all.

Thanks Bryan,

I think I'll order some new probes and see if that fixes it. If Not I'll have them for the next one.

Back