Replacement parts for Genesis II?

GarrettB

TVWBB Member
Does Weber not sell replacement parts for the Genesis II? For example when I go on the Weber Canada and Home Depot Canada website they only sell replacement SS grill grates for the 300 series. It says it specifically is not compatible with Genesis II.

Have you registered your grill on Weber.com?
After registering it, you can pull up the schematics of the grill, and it will list the part numbers for everything. Some of the items, like flavor bars and grates will include a hyperlink to purchase the item. Others you can search the item # and Weber into Google and see if another store sells them.

Also, I'm sure rcplanebuyer either makes them or can make them if you give him the dimensions. His stuff is top notch
I've heard you can find his stuff for sale on Craigslist (SanFran) and message him, saying you are from the forums....and he will give a slight discount because he avoids eBay fees.

Have you registered your grill on Weber.com?
After registering it, you can pull up the schematics of the grill, and it will list the part numbers for everything. Some of the items, like flavor bars and grates will include a hyperlink to purchase the item. Others you can search the item # and Weber into Google and see if another store sells them.

Also, I'm sure rcplanebuyer either makes them or can make them if you give him the dimensions. His stuff is top notch
I've heard you can find his stuff for sale on Craigslist (SanFran) and message him, saying you are from the forums....and he will give a slight discount because he avoids eBay fees.
I have not registered it yet nor opened the box because I was concerned replacement parts were not readily available. Can you confirm SS grill grates are available for the Genesis II?

If you buy a new Genesis II you should not be worried about parts availability. These grills come with a 10 year warranty on everything and if sometjing breaks Weber will send you new parts. And traditionally stores don't carry that many spare parts for the latest models because these parts are not needed yet.

Does Weber not sell replacement parts for the Genesis II? For example when I go on the Weber Canada and Home Depot Canada website they only sell replacement SS grill grates for the 300 series. It says it specifically is not compatible with Genesis II.
Weber only lists a miniscule amount of parts for sale directly through the website. When you call them, they have a huge selection of parts. And you don't have to register your grill to get access to the schematic. Go to the US site, weber.com, under support you will see schematics. Plug in your model number and it will pop up.

So which Genesis II did you get???

Weber only lists a miniscule amount of parts for sale directly through the website. When you call them, they have a huge selection of parts. And you don't have to register your grill to get access to the schematic. Go to the US site, weber.com, under support you will see schematics. Plug in your model number and it will pop up.

So which Genesis II did you get???
I ended up getting the 310.

Great thanks. They have a lot more products on the US site. I'm in Canada but I'd assume the same products would be available in Canada?

Garrett, the parts in Canada are virtually the same when you register your grill and call the customer service line. In my experience they only want to sell you parts for the serial number grill you register though.

Garrett, the parts in Canada are virtually the same when you register your grill and call the customer service line. In my experience they only want to sell you parts for the serial number grill you register though.
I'm thinking I'll want to upgrade to SS grates eventually. Will they sell me those even though my grill came with the cast iron grates?

If you had a way to get something from the states, RC has the hardware for the new Genesis II grills...

Pricey? yes....but pretty much one and done as I don't think you'll have to replace them (they may just outlive the grill).

Yah, I imagine they WOULD outlive the grill. I have yet to have any of the grill I scavenged for rehabbing have a set of SS Solid rod grates that were anywhere near worn. Gunked up and dirty, yes, but not worn really at all.

If you come to the US for any reason, try to find a place for him to ship the grates so you can pick them up and take them back home.

Are there any aftermarket sources for them yet? Other than Dave Santana of course.

If your heart is set on SS grates, and you want a true quality product. Get a set from Dave. Top of the line, half the price of Weber's offerings as well. He will even do custom (i,e, tighter) spacing at slightly extra cost. I still marvel at how wonderful yet inexpensive my custom grates were for the Wolf from Dave. 3 HUGE grates with very nice tight rods and without giving things away it was less than $300. I still expected it to be more. Flawless work at a remarkable price. I can see buying the cheapies on the flip grills but on your keepers given what he sells for quality and value I cannot fathom why anyone would buy anything else

Back