Replacement Grates

Well, I connected with Dave and I went with the SS grates, flavorizer bars, and the heat deflectors. Returning the Weber parts to Home Depot.
My only concern is will I become such a damn good grill master that my mother-in-law eats even more food? :LOL:

I’ve used him twice for flavor bars. Top notch quality and straight forward guy to deal with. Expect a beat up priority box but mint contents on the inside.

That is so true! But, he ships successfully all the time and is definitely a master craftsman for gas grill grates.

Well, I connected with Dave and I went with the SS grates, flavorizer bars, and the heat deflectors. Returning the Weber parts to Home Depot.
My only concern is will I become such a damn good grill master that my mother-in-law eats even more food? :LOL:

Well, you didn't hold back on your wallet, but you will be rewarded with the very best, top drawer stuff!

I actually worked with Dave by providing him with a used original heat deflector to use as a prototype. His actual final product blew away the junky stainless ones I had previously bought on Amazon.

It works really really well. Saves money in the long run and much safer.

Some may be put off by what seems like a tedious job to clean your grate one rod at a time, but most of us who have used the Chargon find that it really doesn't take that long and delivers "grate" results - safely.

Well, you didn't hold back on your wallet, but you will be rewarded with the very best, top drawer stuff!

I actually worked with Dave by providing him with a used original heat deflector to use as a prototype. His actual final product blew away the junky stainless ones I had previously bought on Amazon.
Well, I paid $150 for the Weber porcelain cast iron grates and bars. For about $60 more I'm getting the heat deflectors and that includes shipping from CA to FL. A better deal if you ask me.

Well, I paid $150 for the Weber porcelain cast iron grates and bars. For about $60 more I'm getting the heat deflectors and that includes shipping from CA to FL. A better deal if you ask me.

Absolutely! I wasn't trying to imply you got a bad deal at all. I would just say that while Dave's grates are the best, there are other very decent - not as perfect - options for considerably less. That may not apply as much for your more modern 300 series as it does for the older x000 and Silver/Gold Genesis grills. Anyway, sorry if I implied anything other than you went all out and got the very best! You will definitely be VERY HAPPY with what you bought.

Absolutely! I wasn't trying to imply you got a bad deal at all. I would just say that while Dave's grates are the best, there are other very decent - not as perfect - options for considerably less. That may not apply as much for your more modern 300 series as it does for the older x000 and Silver/Gold Genesis grills. Anyway, sorry if I implied anything other than you went all out and got the very best! You will definitely be VERY HAPPY with what you bought.
Jon, no offense taken. I was just puffing my chest a bit over what I think was a good deal. All is well. (y)

You definitely went the right way. Support American small business man and buy truly high quality (best I have ever seen IMO) at a VERY fair price. I used Dave most recently to make VERY customized grates for my Wolf grill. Even to the point of having him do customized very tight spacing of the grate bars. I was amazed at how great (grate?) they are and at a wonderful price as well. He put in an awful lot of work for what I spent It's high time we support small business people like Dave (and myself for that matter) instead of buying the stuff from China

Even though I do recommend people consider their budget and feel that some of the alternatives out there are pretty good, I am ALWAYS quick to say Dave's are the best.

Stainless Steel Showdown Grates2_Page_07.jpg

Close second goes to BBQParts.com:

Stainless Steel Showdown Grates2_Page_06.jpg

I purchased the grates and bars from Dave a few years ago and am still very pleased with them-no regrets at all. American quality craftsmanship that was well worth it in my opinion. And thanks to Greg for providing that link for the Chargon, which I immediately ordered-no more wire for me!

Even though I do recommend people consider their budget and feel that some of the alternatives out there are pretty good, I am ALWAYS quick to say Dave's are the best.

View attachment 3927

What's this about contacting him on Craigslist? I was about to pull the trigger on his flavorizer bars on ebay, but is there a less expensive way to get them from him? (I presume it would have something to do with him not having to take a big hit on ebay fees...)

What's this about contacting him on Craigslist? I was about to pull the trigger on his flavorizer bars on ebay, but is there a less expensive way to get them from him? (I presume it would have something to do with him not having to take a big hit on ebay fees...)
Contact him through his CL ad and mention you’re a member from here and he will treat you right.

Back