Replacement Grates

Mcarbo if you go with the stainless rod grates do yourself a favor and get a chargon grate cleaner. Once you get used to it you'll never go back to a brush. Takes a bit longer but it lasts for years and there's no danger of loose bristles in your food. Several of us have this tool and really like it. I haven't used a brush in years. It only works on round grates though.

https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00UI1X0L2/tvwb-20
Do you prefer chargon or the grill gadget?

Never tried a "grill gadget" but can say that the Chargon is a winner. It takes a couple minutes, but that isn't really asking much for using a stainless steel, bristle-free tool that does a perfect job on stainless rods. Larry and some others are recommending a conventional bristle tool with which they have had excellent results and no bristle loss. I have never tried, but if you want a faster method it might be worth looking into.

Go the SF Bay Area craigslist and do a search for "Flavorizer" You will see a couple items pop up from Burlingame California. Those will be Dave Santana's listings. Just use one to contact him and tell him what you are looking for.

Do you prefer chargon or the grill gadget?

I actually have both. But for my round stainless grates the chargon is the clear winner. The grill gadget works. But not as well. I wanted to love the grill gadget because I bought mine from the original inventor/owner himself. Interesting guy. But the chargon just works better because it matches the grill grid shape better.

I can't imagine a better tool for round grates than the chargon.

Back