Replacement center for GBS?

If they kept the 304 center piece at $50.99 which I kind of doubt since you said they used the 201 for cost reasons I don't really think that is a bad deal if it gets you what you want. Isn't the Weber Cast Iron Sear grate like 45 bucks or so if you stayed with Weber?

My wife is good in that area also I tend get my grill stuff as gifts from her and the kids, got my stainless baskets that were mentioned here and not sold anymore I guess a few years ago, they got me a Thermapen Mk4 for fathers day a few years ago also although she uses that quite a bit so worked out well. Hoping they put the Smoke on sale for Fathers day as that will be this years gift.

I have the CI insert, I don’t want to leave it in the kettle for rust reasons. I think I will simply get the stock replacement. The 304, I agree, I’m sure will be more when it comes in. I’m not in much of a hurry so, we shall see.

I looked at fleabay the other day where some guy was selling a stock insert for $19.00 didn't buy it. This morning I had an email from eBay seller noticed my interest and, sent me a deal for it at $12.00 so, I bit. The original lasted me over five years, it does not owe me a dime!

Last edited:
That is a very cool idea. If you really can get it for that price shipped to the US that isn’t out of line compared to a new cast iron insert.

Insert came this morning! The deal was perfectly reasonable all the way around! Now I’m going to have to give the rest a serious bath!

I sent GrillGrates a message on Facebook, asking them if they made an insert for the GBS grate. I gave them the dimensions and they said they do not make a grate that would fit. Seems like there would be a market for this, if they made them.

I saw an ad for one of their grates that was a small circle, thinking that it was a replacement for the center of a GBS, but it was a grate for something called a Ninja Foodi?

Screenshot_20200805-225629.png

Last edited:

Back