Replaced My S-320 for an old E-450

SteveInOhio

So I finally replaced my Genesis S-320 and changed over to an older Summit(2009) E-450 that was never used and covered it's in brand new condition. My only concern is getting parts in the future. Other than the sear burner is it the same as the 470?

Here is a picture. The Serial #begins with DE so I think it's 2009

WV4dojo.jpg

Darn that IS nice!!!!! Yep you're right it's a 470 without the sear burner (which IMO is a little over kill anyway). You should be able to get parts easily. They're still making this exact same grill body. I would not worry

Great! Thank you for the info! I was really worried about that. I think I overpaid for it (900) with a full tank, but I couldn't really figure out a price for it. It was never even turned on so it's 100% new but it's still 9 years old. To get a side burner and 4 burners I figured it would cost me more for the new Gen II. It it holds up like my S-320 did I will be very happy.

Do you still have your S-320? What made you replace it?

I just bought an S-320 yesterday off CL. It's in very good shape other than some small amount of rust on the bottom.

I had it for 12+ years, but I never covered it. The heat shield/base plate and flavorizers were rusted to the point that it was dropping metal into my food (heat shield). It's absolutely killing me to get rid of it. To last this long in the snow belt of Cleveland, uncovered is a testament to how well it was built. I used this grill at least 5 days a week all year round.

The final cook :( Looks like new from the outside.

UGHrbtt.jpg

That is a nice looking grill. Congrats.

Thanks! :)

Back