replace or repair jumbo joe

David-B

TVWBB Super Fan
I use this grill ALOT at home, it doubles as my camping grill as well...it sits outside on the deck, needs another cooking grid (this would be #3 replacement) and the charcoal grid is being held together by rust...legs starting to rust and air dampers are getting harder to adjust....by the time I replace some of these parts Im getting to slightly over 1/2 the cost of a new one.....the body is still is good shape though...having a hard time thinking of just tossing it out , thoughts?

If the body is good and there isn't any difference in the new one I would fix the old one. BTW I had a table top JJ and loved it, perfect for two or three people and able to do indirect cooking which is very hard to do on my smoky joe. Very easy to clean also. Wish I still had it.

Down here in Costa Rica I would have to buy new as any type of USED Weber Kettle in good shape is like seeming a "Moose" pass-by in front of my Apartment. Recommend that you check your Craiglist for a used Kettle in better shape than your "old pal".

Tough call. One thing about it though is it is good and seasoned now so a little TLC and you wouldn’t have to start over with a new grill. On the other hand if you are willing to wait until the end of the season late August to early September you might be able to find a JJ for half off. I’ve seen these sales pop up at places like target and Walmart both pretty consistently in my area.

Back