Repair the 14" or replace with an 18.5"

• Repair the 14"

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Replace with an 18.5"

Votes: 9 100.0%

• Total voters

AMumma

TVWBB Member
I've got a WSM 14 in need or repairs. With everything I want to replace, we're probably talking $100+ before shipping on a $200 smoker. So I'm raising a question. I've always been tempted to go up to an 18.5" even though I'm the only carnivore in my family of four. Help me out, gang.

Sell the 14.5. If it cooks someone will be glad to get it if you price it right. You did say "I want to replace" not I must replace. You could turn it into a win win for you and someone else.

Just got an 18.5" after using my 14.5" for several years and loving it! Have only done 1 cook so far, but it holds so much more charcoal, I didn't run out toward end of cook which was an issue with overnights on 14.5". Definitely worth it for that IMO.

I also bought the 14 because just 3 of us at home normally, but if had to do over again, would have got the 18 in the first place. Hope this helps your decision, good luck!

As long as the lid, middle section and bottom are in good shape l'd fix it. That's still a good price. If you have done some cooks and needed extra cooking capacity then buy the 18.5. Either way you can't go wrong. Good luck.

Back