Remote Therms

My Brookstone Grill Alert is accurate until I put the cover on my Weber. Then the temperature goes as much as 60 degrees too high. Tells me the meat is done when it has a long time yet to cook. I'm not sure why this happens. Others say they have no such problem when using a Weber kettle grill.

This is a VERY old post. Maverick has had two generations of new remote thermometers since then.

I have used a Maverick 732 for several years. The only weak spot I've seen are the probes. I had to replace mine after some serious use. I now use their Hybrid probes and have been satisfied with them. The replacements are all 6' long and I would prefer 3' but it's not really an issue (just a preference).

The latest Maverick is the Model 733 for $69.99 on Amazon (please use the link from this web site as the site gets a small percentage):

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00FOCR4UI/tvwb-20

I cannot imagine smoking long smokes without a remote thermometer. It really takes the pain out of long cooks!

Keep on smokin',
Dale53:wsm:

Talk about an old post!

I have been running the maverick 733 for over a year and love it! Maverick is a great option!

Back