rejuvenating a 1000

For regular cleanings, I don't remove them. But every so often (couple years) it is good to pull them out and clean them up good. Or if they are just really nasty and not burning evenly I would pull them. Sometimes, the burners have a hairline crack in them along the weld seam and you may not see that unless you pull them out and look them over closely.

If you remove the burners don't touch the screws at the left end of the front and rear burners. Just take off your manifold and then carefully slide the burners out from under those screws. If the burners don't come out easily I have used a small "pinch-bar" and pried between the flat edge (end) of the burner and the wall of the cookbox. You just pry lightly, pushing the burner to the right and they should slide right out. Clean around the screws with a wire brush before you put them back.

Well guys, I grilled for the first time yesterday!
I diddled around for a bout 45 minutes trying to find different solutions for the control panel plugs and then finally just zip tied them!
I just need to get a fresh set of flavorizer bars and am good to go!
thanks for all the help and happy grillin'
Scott

Understandable. You can buy a Genuine weber, but there are $20 plus. Probably build in China too though.
I think those thermometers are another example of something that's probably just made in one factory. The only discernible difference between all the aftermarket ones and the Weber branded one is the Weber logo on the face, probably not worth double the price.

Tel-tru used to make a replacement thermometer for the Genesis x000 grills, but I don’t see it on their site any longer. I almost bought one some years ago for my “ultimate” Skyline grill, but finally decided I couldn’t justify spending anymore on that grill. I am sure it was top drawer, but it was very pricey.

grillparts.com has the weber branded 9815 for $12.49 plus shipping, probably about $6 for shipping in the US 48.

the weber branded one on amazon is $22 country of origin is not listed

grillparts.com has the weber branded 9815 for $12.49 plus shipping, probably about $6 for shipping in the US 48.

the weber branded one on amazon is $22 country of origin is not listed

I saw a Dozyant branded one on Amazon for $10.99, free shipping on orders over $25.00 or if you have Prime.

They used to make the removable one. I am sorry to see it gone. To be honest, though, while I applaud your desire to get a Made in USA thermometer, for this application I think you are better off getting the right shaped one, in spite of its country of origin.

Back