reheating ribs

ChrisD

Did my second smoke yesterday. Chicken and ribs, everything came out great ! My question is: what is the best way to reheat the ribs that are leftover ?

Put them in a small foil pan with a cup or so of apple juice, nad cover with foil. Put them in the oven at 300 until the desired tenderness is achieved.

I'll use the microwave when I'm just warming up a few bones, but when I'm reheating a half rack or more I put in 'em in the oven at 250 for 25-30 minutes.

BEST WAY IS TO GET RID OF THE MICROWAVE AND GET A NEW WAVE OVEN IT WILL BLOW YOUR MIND FOR COOKING AND PREHEATING FOOD

We bought something similar to the NuWave back in the late 70's called a Galloping Gourmet Perfectionaire hot air oven. I agree, if you have not tried these types of ovens/cookers then you are missing something. Not for all foods and styles of prep but they do have a use. Where a microwave would just heat frozen foods and with the food ending up sort of mushy, this sucker is a convection oven and they came out great in 1/4 to 1/2 the time of a regular oven and put a great crust on anything.

Before I sold the camping trailer, I used mine on trips all the time. Between the WSM, Weber Go Anywhere charcoal and the hot air oven, pretty much all manner of foods were enjoyed. Never even used the oven in the trailer - why waste the propane when you have 110v for the hot air oven?

This sucker was great for reheating stuff too, not to mention it made a mean pot of chilli. To clean it, you just put in water, some dawn and turned it on and let it heat up and stir the solution up. Then just rinse out and done.

This is not my unit, but a photo of the same model I found online

auctionbandits-galloping-gourmet-convection-oven.jpg

I'll tell you what, having cold ribs for lunch the next day at work, with the aroma of smoke lofting around the lunch room, is priceless. I say you can never have to many cold ones.
wsmsmile8gm.gif

Since I cook for just the two of us, I generate lots of left-overs.
I use a FoodSaver to vacuum pack 1/2 racks.
When it comes time to eat, the packs go right into simmering water, still sealed.
Takes about a half hour, and they are great.

Back