reheating pulled pork

My wife caved and is letting me ccok for christmas eve. my plan is to smoke a couple pork butts. I want to cook them the day before.

Do you pull the pork the day before or after reheating the next day?

What is the best way to reheat?

I am sure there is an answer in the archives but i am lazy.

plus any tips on when or if to foil and temps?
thanx everyone. this site is awesome and I can't believe all the information i get on here.
Leif

You're going to want to pull it the day you cook it. Leg it sit for an hour or two after you remove from the cooker, then pull.

Since you're reheating the next day, I'd just store all the pp in a foil pan with top, then when it comes to reheat just spritz the meat a tad with some apple juice and warm the pan in your oven.

When I was dead set on getting butt to 195 I usually foiled at 160*. That's where I usually hit the plateau.

Now I don't bother with temp, and just pull off at 2 hrs per pound mark if I don't get to target temp before that.

Leif, I do not have a ton of experience with pulled pork, but the last one that I did, I just nuked enough leftover to make a sandwich or two. in my opinion, pork reheats very well. You could do as mike said above or you could heat it back up whole either way should be ok.The whole butt would just take longer to reheat.

Heres a thread and a couple of Chris's write ups on the subject

Reheating Pulled pork

Pork Butt - Slathered in mustard and rub
Pork Butt Championship Injection

Good Luck
Weldon

Back