Reheating Pulled Pork

Next day we spritz with AJ and microwave mixing several times, works great. From Foodsaver, drop the sealed Foodsaver bag in a large pot of boiling water for 15-20 minutes.

Make a alum foil pouch and heat in an oven (375) for about 15 mins, open it and stir it around and heat for another 5 mins. To me it works much better than reheating in the microwave.

most of mine is in pouches that i just put in boiling or very hot water. otherwise i just foil and into the oven. i usually have the oven around 200 deg though.

Ive wondered about what temp to heat it up with. I know that we cook low and slow (most of us) so that it breaks down the fat over time and end up with just the meat. So it seems like when I have a finished product, I can heat it up quickly in a higher temp oven since Im not trying to cook it again... anyone know if it makes a difference what temp you heat it up at?

Thanks for the advice, 1 year in and I'm still learning every time I smoke something!

I use the warm water method. It doesn't cook it just warms it up! I never nuke it. just me .02
icon_smile.gif

You mean you reheat your pulled pork? Me, I like to see the coagulation in my leftovers.
icon_cool.gif

Okay, real answer... foil/apple juice/oven/300

Not meant to be a thread hijack at all, but, (let me do it anyway
icon_rolleyes.gif
) anyone ever try cold pulled pork? Just the thought gives me chest pains, but it'd be cool if any of you cave men were into it.

I don't mind eating it cold at all. I cook mine until all the fat is rendered out so I don't see a lot of the fat that I have seen before on cold PP. Grab a piece of cold PP with the bark on it before you warm the rest up is really good.

If you are reheating a large quantity use a disposable foil pan with some apple juice in the bottom and cover the top tightly with more foil. Set the oven to 200 and let it heat nice and slow for a couple of hours.

Back