Reheating Grilled Wings

J Hasselberger

TVWBB Pro
Grilled a pile of wings for dinner on Saturday and had a lot leftover. Decided to reheat them for lunch today. It was pretty straightforward - move the oven rack to the top position; preheat the oven to 400 (convection roast); lightly oil a foiled sheet pan and line up the wings in a single layer; cook them for 15 minutes; toss them in your favorite wing sauce.

I have to say that they were better than the first night. The skin was crisp and tasty (not fried-crisp, but close) and not overcooked. Next time, I will increased to the temp to 425 to see if the skin gets a little crispier.

I use Steve Raichlien's Buffa-Cue Wings recipe (https://barbecuebible.com/recipe/buffa-que-wings/), pretty much as written except that I finish the wings directly over the coals rather than going indirect for the entire cook. I do them on a Performer with charcoal baskets on either side of the cooker and a foiled sheet to catch droppings. I also boil the leftover marinade and use it as a mop.

Jeff

Reheated wings by Jeff Hasselberger, on Flickr

You guys!!! TonyUK has told me the same thing! I can see not heating up the full-size oven as a BIG advantage for small reheat/ amount projects. Maybe I will go look at what’s left at the closing Bed Bath and Beyond?
Chris, this site is a Mecca for enablers!🤣🤣
I’m just weak.

Back