reheat methods

Patrick Redmond

TVWBB Member
What would the general thought be on the best way to reheat pulled pork and chicken??

I have heard of and used a few methods from submerging a vac sealed bag in boiling water to using some simmering stock and directly reheating the product in it.

I am just trying to see what other options are being used and what people seem to feel is the best way

Thanks for the input

For the pulled pork, I think the vac seal bag in boiling water is the way to go. Dump it out in a big bowl once it's warm and it's just like you pulled it 5 minutes ago.

I'm just as interested as you to hear some suggestions on chicken. I usually don't stock-pile chicken so don't have a lot of reheating experience there.

I drizzle just a bit of water or juice on chicken pieces and nuke them, but not for long. I'm just looking to warm them up a little, not cook them again. May not be the best way, but it gets the job done

I use to do pulled chicken in a commercial resturant and the way we reheated was to simmer is in very rich chicken stock that was made with the smoked bones. It doesn't really take all that much liquid because the more u use the more u need to reduce it, but by using a small amount and a cover to keep it all moist, the heat transfer was even and the chicken stayed very moist.

This is the way I am use to but I would love to hear of any other input

if its just me i use the microwave. if i am reheating for guests i will make an aluminum foil bowl put the meat in pour in a bit of hot water and use my weber ots 22" kettle to reheat keeping the top of the "bowl" covered loosely with a sheet of foil.

vac bag and boiling water +1

Works great for brisket, pork, and chicken. Food comes out moist and perfect.

Back