Registering a second-hand Genesis 1000

Brad Baker

TVWBB Fan
On May 7th, I attempted to register a 2nd hand Genesis 1000 with Weber using the s/n under the control plate. In restrospect, I'm not sure why, just curious I guess. The response from the web site was that the s/n was invalid. So, I submitted a request to Weber using the web form. Today, August 1st, I got a response.
We apologize for the delayed response. We are experiencing higher volumes of questions from our grilling community as many are enjoying more at-home dining during Covid-19. As we staff up and train team members, we want to assure you that we are working as quickly as possible to address the questions you have submitted.
I don't care about registering the grill, but I find it interesting that their response implies that more people are grilling during Covid-19.

Has this web site had an uptick in user activity over the last six months? Are there more postings about grill rehabs, questions about WSM modifications, recipes, and the like?

Has this web site had an uptick in user activity over the last six months?
Yes, I have a sense that that's the case, but I can't measure it year over year because we moved to new software in February 2020 and lost the data that would allow me to run a report showing year over year member registrations, new threads, post count, etc. I will be able to do this kind of thing once we get a year under our belt using this new software.

It seems to me like there had been a large increase in restoration threads in the last several months. New members with lots of how to questions. At least that's my observation.

Back