Red Weber Grill

It seems to be missing the swing and bottom shelves. Is the lower shelf available? Was it wire?

I believe there were a couple of different versions of this grill. I bought one back in the day from Lowe's or Home Depot and the bottom shelf was wooden, with two framed sets of slats that could come off by popping them right out. Like the piece in the side tray you show. A week or two later I bought one for my parents from their local Ace Hardware and the bottom shelf was wire and could not be easily removed.

I believe there were a couple of different versions of this grill. I bought one back in the day from Lowe's or Home Depot and the bottom shelf was wooden, with two framed sets of slats that could come off by popping them right out. Like the piece in the side tray you show. A week or two later I bought one for my parents from their local Ace Hardware and the bottom shelf was wire and could not be easily removed.

Yep, there are ones out there with both designs. The wire racks are more practical; the wood slat trays are more trouble to keep clean and prevent deterioration. The wood slats, however, do have an endearing, classy look in my opinion.

I think most of the wire racks on those old grills just lift off? I know the one on my 1000 does.

That sounds like a very cool idea. Can you post some pictures of that?

Sadly, that grill actually moved on to the great BBQ in the sky just a few days ago. Had a 25yr run at two of my houses before retiring to the beach with my parents 5 years ago.

In lieu of flowers the family requests donations of mesquite wood chips and dry rub.

:)

Well I finally picked up red one.

Original owner. Super nice guy.

PoCXUBn.jpg

I believe that is what is labeled a Genesis 2000 from the early to mid 1990's. Looks like a great project grill. Even the wood looks restorable.

You know what? I think it's a Genesis 2. There appears to be no casters on the left side. Just legs so maybe late 80's to VERY early 90's

The legs that would hold casters are comepletely open; there isn’t a female receiver.

Where might I find the s/n sticker on this.

The grill box is the deep variety than will hold the dual layer flavorizer bars.

I’m excited to own this grill.

Weber also puts the stickers on the right side of the control panel.. Try lifting out the right shelf and see if there isn't a sticker on the control panel next to the shelf.

I think on the very old ones the sticker was on the right hand side of the control panel. It is very small. Only about 1/4" by 2" is all

Back