Red SS Performer find at a garage sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don Meyer

I picked up this Performer at a garage sale yesterday. The person was selling it because he purshased a Green Egg. I got the Performer with the rotisserie and a Smokey Joe Gold all for $25!!

It took several hours to clean it up. I used a utility knife blade a putty knife and steel wool to polish the lid and remove smoke residue. The lid is marked (N) which I assume is a 1991.

Later in the day I fired it up and it works great!

Weber Grills
Weber%20Grills

Wow! Did not know u were a thief Don, u stole it at that price congrats on the find. I am jealous lol, have a great day Don (The Thief)Meyer

Outstanding find, what a steal, major score!!!! Not only did you get all that for $25, its red to boot.

Congrats on your find and cud-dos on the clean up job. Investing several hours now will get you years of enjoyment.

Now I need to find a cover for it. Does anyone know what the correct part number for the cover is? Its confusing on weber.com and Amazon. I am coming up with 7455, 8701 and 84484. Help me!

What a great find! I am always glad when members find these things. Sometimes, the hoarders buy up everything at garage sales and just leave it outside on a pile to rust away. That beauty needs a good home. The rotisserie is such an amazing bonus. Great job with cleaning it up so far. Enjoy it often.

don, don, don, didn't you know you can't get stuff like that until all us oldtimers get deals like that first ? i'll expect that on a truck here soon. amazing deal !

Great find and a fantastic job of cleaning her up. Call Weber for the overcoat - they'll hook you up with exactly what you need.

Pat

I thought it was amazing that I got a roti motor & skewer N.I.B. for $10 last week. I'm not even posting it after this. I'm feeling rather green right now! Nice find & sweet pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back