Red Sky at noon

Chuck G

TVWBB Member
The weather here with the fires along the west coast is insane!
we here in the Bay Area really had a red sky at noon today.
As I mentioned on another forum earlier, be on the lookout for redwood smoked brisket!
it really is surreal, it’s almost disorienting to go outside, definitely messes with your head...

Between our fires here in Arizona and the fires on the west coast we have the same situation with the smoke in the air, although not as bad as the bay area but still bad enough to gives the red sky and watery eyes if you're out in it.

IMG_20200910_175304476.jpgI took a picture of the sun yesterday.

And a few minutes later it was gone. Couldn't see it at all through the smoke. At night turning on lights outside it looked like it was snowing because of all the ash.

View attachment 13905I took a picture of the sun yesterday.

And a few minutes later it was gone. Couldn't see it at all through the smoke. At night turning on lights outside it looked like it was snowing because of all the ash.
That's pretty much how it looked in southern California yesterday too.
After being outside in it, when I went inside all fluorescent lights looked blue!

It's nasty outside. Looks like a morning marine layer of fog has settled in. My daughter just walked outside smelled the air and thought I was starting one of the BBQ'S. Nope. Just the air in most of the state now. Along with other states on the west coast. We could really use a good rain 🌧️ about now. ☹️

Back