red 18.5" electric kettle

Jeff Kolodziejski

TVWBB All-Star
I found this one today on Clist for 35 bucks. It was about 40 minutes from me. It was listed at a "living room sale"! But anyways, it looks to be a 1973 or so Weber electric kettle 18.5". The condition is amazing. There is not one flaw anywhere on the red paint of the kettle lid or bowl.
The only thing I did was clean the grease pan inside under the burner element, re-align the kettle base so that the bowl handle pointed the right way so I could pull it, and realign the temperature indicator dial so that it pointed correctly to "off", and sand down and repaint the aluminum legs...you can see in the pics that the original paint was flaking off. No parts are missing, even the small grease catcher is intact under the bowl. Also, it works perfectly. Here is a link to some before and after pics
http://s442.photobucket.com/al...red%2018%20electric/
016.jpg

Cult Status?
He's an addict, pure and simple.
Remember Shaun? We were going to do an intervention, remember, the big truck?
icon_cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AJ S.:
Cult Status?
He's an addict, pure and simple.
Remember Shaun? We were going to do an intervention, remember, the big truck?
icon_cool.gif
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>Yep! We need to help our brother!
icon_wink.gif

By the way, I think it's time to remove the Christmas lights Jeff.
icon_biggrin.gif

I'm beyond the help stage but it's not too late for the rest of you.
BTW, Shaun you are very observant to seeing the XMas lights still up. I will take them down tomorrow... And replace them with my new string of Weber grill lights!

Fantastic find Jeff!
<span class="ev_code_GREY">STILL kickin' myself over those Weber grill lights</span>
icon_mad.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jeff Kolodziejski:
I'm beyond the help stage but it's not too late for the rest of you.
BTW, Shaun you are very observant to seeing the XMas lights still up. I will take them down tomorrow... And replace them with my new string of Weber grill lights! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I can't wait!
icon_eek.gif

Nice Q. I just picked one up like that but is a charcoal version. Is the one I have the same early 70s era. Mine has an avocado colored lid and a handle to raise and lower the coals that sit in a metal bowl. Also, sorry to hijack the thread but i attempted to start a new post but having difficulty getting a picture up so i wanted to use this picture. TIA Eric

For that price I would convert that into a charcoal version and it would be my go to grill when I wanted to just grill a couple steaks or burgers!! LIKE!!

Back