Recommendations For Used Portable Gasser?

MichaelLC

TVWBB Pro
Any recommendations for a portable gas grill that will just be used occasionally for camping?

Really any Q models or other portables that I should avoid when shopping around on Marketplace/CLs, etc. if I want minimal issues? Thanks.

Any recommendations for a portable gas grill that will just be used occasionally for camping?

Really any Q models or other portables that I should avoid when shopping around on Marketplace/CLs, etc. if I want minimal issues? Thanks.
Avoid the Q3xx series. They are good grills but not portable.

Bear in mind the parts for Q’s get pricey. So be careful with Q’s over $100

If you look at any Go Anywhere gas grills, make sure you get one that has the "old" deflector/flavorizer bar and regular grill grate. The new ones are not very good, in my opinion.

If you find a new one that is a really good price, you can get this on Amazon.

Wondjiont Stainless Steel Replacement Flavorizer Bar for Weber Gas Go-Anywhere Grill Weber 9201 and Stainless Steel Cooking Grate Replacement for for Weber Gas Go-Anywhere Grill Weber 80631 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07C9D7KQC/?tag=tvwb-20

I also just recently got this carry bag for my Go Anywhere.

SAMDEW Outdoor Grill Cover Compatible with Weber 121020 Go-Anywhere Charcoal Grill, Portable Grill Storage Carry Bag Compatible with Weber 1141001 Go-Anywhere Gas Grill, Bag Only (Patented Design) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09GXZZWKC/?tag=tvwb-20

It's heavy duty and has pockets for accessories and even 1lb propane bottles.

The Q1200 is a fantastic grill but heavier and a bit less portable. But, it's actually a workhorse and gets really, really hot for some serious grilling. I sold my 4 burner Genesis and use my Q1200 as my gasser at home. But, I could easily take it on the road, if necessary. But, I have the Go Anywhere for the camper along with my Jumbo Joe.

Last edited:
I have both a Q1200 and a Gas Go Anywhere. The Q1200 is my favorite of the two. The GGA is definitely easier to transport, but if it is windy you need to create a wind break for it.

Back