Rare find today...

Tony R

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
I went to my local mexican market to get this weeks essentials and I find beef ribs from mexico? First time I see beef ribs in this store so I grab them.
1359429901.jpg

1359429996.jpg

Seasoned with salt and pepper only. put on a few potatoes. Smoked for about 2 hours and 30 min at 300 degress. No water pan and only a foil pan to catch drippings. This was my second time I do this beef ribs and they came out way better than last time. Thanks for looking.

1359429998.jpg

1359430002.jpg

1359429920.jpg

1359429923.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like you scored some great "Meaty" beef ribs there!!!! Nice job on the BBQ! Great Smoke ring!!!!!

Sweet looking ribs...man at the Mexican store too!! I use to love to go to Cardenas...is that the one off Waterman in Colton?

Looks super!!

Sweet looking ribs...man at the Mexican store too!! I use to love to go to Cardenas...is that the one off Waterman in Colton?

Looks super!!

This is the one on 40th in North San berdoo. You lived here in San berdoo or Colton?

This is the one on 40th in North San berdoo. You lived here in San berdoo or Colton?

My wife is from that area..yep that is the one!! Use to pick up all my beer and chicken tamales from that place...oh and the white corn tortillas...

She lived off of university near the golf course !! Miss the weather..don't miss the crime!

My wife is from that area..yep that is the one!! Use to pick up all my beer and chicken tamales from that place...oh and the white corn tortillas...

She lived off of university near the golf course !! Miss the weather..don't miss the crime!

That's close to me. I live 2 blocks from Cal state university.

Great looking meaty bones!! The best beef ribs I find is at the Mexican Market too!! I have found though is if you see them grab a a couple because the next time you go the probably won't have any.

I just ate breakfast.

Thought I was full.

Now I am *STARVING*.

Those look absolutely amazing! Maybe I need to hit up my local Mexican grocery more often.

Very nice looking. I think ribs are my favorite of all time. Luckly I live down here on the border and can score good butcher cut ribs daily. I live in a very small town and we just got a new butcher shop in. Trying to develop a realitionship to get the good stuff.

Maybe it took 2 hours and 30 min...lump charcoal was used and no water pan. I was timing the ribs for dinner and my wife gets home around 5:30 pm.

Not bad, I should try a little higher temp next time, of course Im usually not in a hurry, especially when I have plenty of beer.

Delicious looking meal esp. the ribs, what do you think made the different results between first and second cook?:wsm:

Back